Tour dell'Italia (Italy Tour)

During the Italy tour, I visited many cities and all of them had highlights which I will focus on in these few paragraphs.

I technically count Venice as the kickoff, being that I got to visit the city with Rotary. Although it was only part of the orientation and not the Italy tour so we didn’t have a tour guide. Honestly, it was much preferred because we were allowed to venture out with our friends. I hung out with Sabrina in Venice. Together we found these beautiful water tunnels, in these little back roads, took tons of pictures of each other and the city, and then, of course, we went shopping. If you are Venice it is a must, I got a watercolor painting, a really comfy sweater plus hoop earrings.

  


  

When the official tour started the next day we went to Verona first. We visited the Juliet statue, I did touch Juliet’s boob for good luck as did all of my friends who were patient enough to wait in the immense crowd. In the same little area was the balcony of the play Romeo and Juliet. We even got to sign the wall of the entrance there. After that, we went on a tour of the city and got learn a lot about the Verona Arena and how it used to hold multiple types of fights but is now used for concerts because the acoustics are so great.


















In the afternoon we took a bus to Florence and we went on a city tour, where I got to learn about the city’s history. We saw an archaeological site where they recently discovered medieval roads underneath the roads that are there now. Then for supper, we went to the Hard Rock Cafe, the food and music was fantastic. The next day we also stopped at the Uffizi Gallery which had beautiful art everywhere you looked. When say everywhere I really mean it because even the ceiling was painted.


 












In Pisa, I bought a ticket that gave me access to go up the tower all the way. So I did that with a few of my close friends. We went into the Pisa Cathedral as well which had beautiful paintings and sculptures that I couldn’t get enough of. The architecture had us puzzled as we tried to figure out how they built the place. We came to the conclusion that we have no clue and maybe never will.


  









When we were in Rome for our first afternoon we saw the Trevi Fountain and did another city tour. Then the next morning we went to visit not only the Colosseum but we toured the inside and ruins around it. Then we had free time, so I went with some friends back to the Colosseum to take pictures and the Trevi fountain too. Later we went to a small Italian pasta restaurant for lunch, and then we got gelato for dessert at another shop. That afternoon at the Vatican we went on a tour, it was beautiful and also we got to go inside the Sistine Chapel.






























The next morning we traveled to Naples we started with some free time so with again some close friends we went for lunch having some amazing pizza of course. I wasn’t there for the city tour because I had an incident where I passed out and was rushed to the hospital but the service was great. I was only there for maybe 4 hours and 10/10 would recommend if you aren't doing well in Naples. I was back for supper doing way better. Overall it was a good day. I am a little sad to say I don't have any pictures from Naples. So moving on to Pompeii!

We went to Pompeii the next morning and it was absolutely amazing/captivating to see, the city was completely preserved by ash. I really enjoyed the view and the ruins, especially the theaters. Although at one point I was on the verge of tears once we saw the people. It is so sad seeing the people and animals who were frozen in time and didn't stand a chance. My heart goes to them, and the overall visit will always be fresh in my mind.


























Then the following day we drove back to Rome to catch our trains and planes back home.
Thank you for you patience for this post. My apologies for it taking so long to be put up, my only excuse is computer issues. I will be attempting to post soon about a few little things I've done this past month. Again, thank you.













Comments

  1. Hi Sarah..... Am happy that you are having fun and seeing exciting stuff.
    I enjoyed reading your story, keep sending more.
    Love you xx
    Danièle

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts