Part 1 Rotary Weekend of April

During my second weekend with my host family, I had the pleasure of going to dinner in Breno on Friday night. We ate this little restaurant and it was delicious.
The reason why we went out was to see Wilder Mann perform. He has quite particular music and I recommend checking it out because even though it may seem strange, I felt a variety of emotions and never once was my interest lost. Down below I researched and took a screenshot of the creatures that are present during the show. Again it is different but in my opinion, creative.
The following day I was feeling pretty sick so I stayed in bed after school and took a long and much-needed nap. However on Sunday with my new found energy I was able to attend a Rotary/FAI meeting. In a previous blog, I have explained what FAI is. Although for those who haven't read every blog I'll catch you up. It is basically a volunteer group in Italy and their goal is to keep old factories open for research purposes as well as bringing a ton of attention to art that isn't incredibly famous like the works of Picasso. This way art of all forms can grow and no one's legacy will be forgotten. This group is such a big deal that they frequently do news interviews. Therefore I am attaching the video that was broadcasted here in Italy on a local news station. It also captures what we did all day from going to a foundry in the morning, to the flour mill and finishing our day at a steel factory. It was pretty interesting for the most part. This day was also the second or third time I really got to hang out with the new exchange students from Australia and they're pretty cool. They show up in January because they have a different school system than the rest of the world. Edit: I did a quick google search for everyone and in most of Australia, the primary and secondary school year lasts approximately 200 days, from late January or early February to early or mid-December. 






Comments

Popular Posts