Movie Rates

This isn't something I normally do but I wanted to change it up a bit for once. This post is going to rate all the movies I have seen because in November I ended up seeing 10 movies, I would have seen 11 but I got sick this week and missed out on the field trip to the cinema. Although it's okay because earlier this month we went to see as a school the movie Butterfly Circus. It was amazing, I cried at the end, I recommend watching it for sure, 10/10.

The next movie I saw was with my ballet class/team. We saw Nureyev which is a documentary on the life of Rudolf Nureyev who is a famous ballerina known internationally. I absolutely loved it, I felt so inspired afterward, I wanted to go straight to the studio and dance. Although it was a school night and we watched it finished at 11pm so we had to go home, but that night I was so squirmy, again I recommend watching it for sure, 11/10 because I thought it was that great.

On a lunch date with one of my close friends here in Italy, Giulia, we watched Mulan, mostly for the music aspect because for a couple of weeks at that point I kept randomly breaking out in song to Be A Man. I love this movie so much with the girl empowerment. I know I have already given out this score but 10/10. 

My class went on a school trip for the week so the few of us that didn't go watched the Freedom Writers, such an inspiring movie, I could have just typed and typed all day. I recommend watching this in all classrooms 11/10.

For anyone who hasn't seen this movie, Mulan 2, I recommend watching it but I would say I didn't enjoy the music as much. The storyline was cute but cheap at some points in my opinion so I give it a 7/10.

Love, Rosie. A really sweet movie and the storyline does get at some points but it is a romantic movie so that is to be expected. Some shots in the movie itself were really pretty and I think it was well made. I haven't read the book so I cannot say if there were details missed or not, although now that I know there is a book I may read it. This movie's rating is a solid 8/10.

There was quite some hype around the movie Coco so I was already curious to see it. The reason why I watched it this month was because for my exchange student Italian class we were going to watch it, in Italian of course. I wanted to know what was going though so I watched it the night before in English. It was great, I enjoyed it quite a bit honestly, although for me it was a kid's movie and I couldn't get as excited as I had seen others, 8/10 for sure. There are such beautiful colors and a respectful representation of the Mexican culture. Side note, Italian class was canceled the next day so I was a little bummed that I couldn't watch it in Italian.

The Florida Project, alright so this movie is great no doubt in my mind. Although I have to say that this is not a family movie. Even when I was watching it I grew uncomfortable at some points simply because there is a lot of swearing even from the child actors, touchy subjects brought up and a heartbreaking storyline. I would say to watch it for sure but it can be hard for some. There are really great shots however the ending the camera work is shaky, this is done I purpose, I read so in an article but on top of that, the ending is cut too short. I felt the movie building up to the climax but we only reach it halfway, therefore, I am rating this movie 6/10, if perhaps the ending was reworked or even the movie itself I would raise it to 7/10 but no higher. 

Hairspray, it's a musical movie no doubt about it. I loved it a lot because it's all about acceptance of one's skin color, weight, height, and etc. The songs are impossible to not sing along to and I can almost guarantee you have heard a song or two before. I did watch the 2007 remake so I am only speaking about this version. I give a 9/10 for what it is and you should see it sometime.

I finished my month with one last Disney classic, The Little Mermaid. It was great although seeing it again for the first time in many years I realize that Ariel on some level is ridiculous, saying she loves Prince Eric even if they have never spoken. However, it is a Disney movie so if I don't use logic in my rating I give a 10/10. If I apply logic to the movie I give a 5/10 because the facts go on and on in it being ridiculous. For one Ariel fell in love with a stranger, then her dad blew up her most prized objects (which is a little insane no matter how you put it), she left her family for the stranger she "loves", she signed a contract without any surveillance (she's a princess remember this shouldn't have ever had the chance to happen), and etc. I do know that if you apply logic to all Disney movies the ratings would go down, so when watching the movie I recommend ignoring logic, just like Ariel. 

That concludes my post for movie rates, and on top of this, I will be posting within a day or two again about a city trip I have taken...

Comments

Popular Posts